The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Modifying date of downloaded files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With that preference set to true it should reflect that two month old date. If you were to change it to false (or leave it set at the default behavior) then it will reflect the downloaded date.

In other words, if you wanted the download date you shouldn't have to do anything. Or am I misunderstanding something?

What do you mean by "restarted"? Did you type the above into the terminal and then restarted OW? OW must not be started _while_ you run defaults in the terminal.

I guess I must not have been clear enough in my original post. What I want is for downloads to reflect the date they were downloaded, not the date that whoever created them last modified them. It sounds as though I should have done nothing at all.
In answer to the above question, no, I did not restart OW. I restarted the Mac after the Terminal session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
With that preference set to true it should reflect that two month old date. If you were to change it to false (or leave it set at the default behavior) then it will reflect the downloaded date.

In other words, if you wanted the download date you shouldn't have to do anything. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtruett1
I guess I must not have been clear enough in my original post. What I want is for downloads to reflect the date they were downloaded, not the date that whoever created them last modified them. It sounds as though I should have done nothing at all.
In answer to the above question, no, I did not restart OW. I restarted the Mac after the Terminal session.
Yeah, so you can restore the default setting by opening that terminal back up and running the same command but with a false instead of true statement:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 OWDownloadsKeepOriginalDate -bool False