The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Strange Syncing with Calendar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK, so I have had OmniFocus for Mac and iPhone for a while. They have both been syncing just as they should be and updating my iPhone calendar, and I also subscribed to the same link in iCal.

But a few days ago I restored my iPhone because of some unrelated issues and upgraded to 3.1. I reset OmniFocus for iPhone to sync with iCal and my iphone's calendar but it shows duplicate entries for everything coming from OmniFocus. I realized that I could make the "OmniFocus Reminders" calendar on my phone inactive and it would stay subscribed to the one my computer is subscribed to... I believe. But then it doesn't update any of the calendars.

So right now, I either have two duplicate calendars on my phone, or I have one that doesn't update on my phone. How do I get it back to normal?

I think I might know why I am having trouble.
I tried to redo the process of setting up the sync with the iPhone Calendar. This went fine. Then I then subscribed to this link in iCal on the computer. As soon as my iPhone syncs with MobileMe, it then duplicates the actions because it is pulling up subscribed calendars from the computer onto my phone.

Is there anyway to make calendars I subscribe to on the computer not publish to my phone? This would fix the issue.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any way to prevent iCal on your Mac from syncing an extra copy of the calendar over. If you subscribe your Mac to the DueSoon file, you'll get double-notifications on the phone.

Once we can get the calendar sync code rolled into the Mac app and released, your Mac will be able to do the calendar updating when it Syncs; at that point MobileMe-synced version of the calendar will still do the job and notify you. Sorry for the inconvenience this causes in the meantime.