The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving tasks within a project using AppleScript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has anyone been successful in moving a task to an action group within a project using Applescript? I've been able to move them around within the project, but haven't figured out how to access tasks that are part of an action group.

I'm working on a way of managing project support material directly in the project. As soon as I have the entire script completed, then I'll be pleased to share it on this forum.

Thanks
-Alex

I've done something similar by moving items from the inbox to projects and assigning contexts and sub-contexts. How are you targeting the action groups? Is it always the same project and action groups? I don't have my script to hand right now, I'll have to look at it on a separate computer in another office.

You need to access the Tasks collection of the parent task, or in the case of a selection, the Descendant Trees collection of a selected tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
You need to access the Tasks collection of the parent task, or in the case of a selection, the Descendant Trees collection of a selected tree.
Thanks Rob, I'll give that a try.