The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A keyboard shortcut bug and a couple of feature requests... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Why is it that I can "Apple Minus" to shrink text but the shortcut "Apple Plus" does not work. It works fine if selected from the menu with the mouse though.

The next things are feature requests...Please let us choose whether to show tabs in the tab window on the right or via the traditional tab view(ie Safari). On my 20" imac I love using the tab window, but on my 12" powerbook it is not useful! I would also like to be able to add a couple of different user/passwords on one website. I visit and log in as a couple of users on various sites. Safari and Firefox allow for the feature. By the way, with the sale, I am buying a second license. One for each computer. Thanks for the best browser on the Mac! Cheers...:)

"Apple Plus" works fine here for increase font size.

I have figured out that Shift Apple + works to increase, but Apple - works to decrease... Not as shows in the menu, but now I have a work around...

Sounds like you may have configured something with the keyboard in the sys prefs. Are you doing this on a US keyboard?

This may be different for you, but on my laptop it works exactly how it says. Without shift, you have - and =, and with shift you have _ and +. So, in order to shrink, it's Command -, to and to increase it's, if you want to think of it this way, Command Shift =. Same way how to get into Help isn't Command /, but Command Shift / (?). I don't have a number pad on my lappy so I can't vouch for those dedicated +/- buttons.

Ahh, makes sense now...I am using an American keyboard on my imac and powerbook. It is the same combination on both. But yes, Shift is required to get to Plus. I am surprised that i don't need Shift for the Minus. I guess dash is the same! Cheers.

I just added the increase/decrease buttons to my toolbar. That's not the best solution if you prefer the keyboard, however.

What version of OmniWeb are you all using as command = should act as command + and has done since OmniWeb 5.0? If it isn't then there is something odd going on.

I am using 5.51. Command + (Equal and Plus Key) doesn't work, however Command - (Minus and Underscore) does. On Safari it works just fine...

So something does seem wrong. You say you're are using an "American" keyboard. This is a US keyboard, correct? And is your OS also US, as well as your hardware?