The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SP12: FogBUGZ snippet expansion corrupts multiline text fields Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With the latest sneakypeek, expansion of snippets in FogBUGZ (which simply inserts text with javascript) causes text fields in SP12 to go completely nutso if (as far as I can tell) text expansion causes the scroll bar to appear.

When this happens, the inline text stops updating, blanks out, and looks very wrong. Clicking the "+" brings up the editor, and the text is correct there. Closing it shows wrong text inline, still.

Typing in the "bad" text inline often causes characters to appear "backwards" once viewed in the expanded window. (So, if the expansion would normally put the cursor at the end of the line, if you ignore the corruption, type "Foo", then press "+", you'll see ooF at the end of that line.)

Note this is with FogBUGZ 5, and I've got "FireFox 1.5" as the browser string.

Hope that's useful...

Hmm. Have you seen this on any other sites as well? Something public that I can see for myself maybe? If we can reproduce this ourselves it would be very helpful in figuring out what's going on here.

I have not, but you can set up a free FogBUGZ database and see this for yourself at http://www.fogcreek.com.

Note that the expansions are typically a number of lines long, with carriage returns in them.

I haven't had any problems with Safari, Camino or FireFox, or with Omni until you re-integrated the "+" multiline edit feature. (Since expansion is done within the DOM, they're inactive when "+" is used.)

Note, too -- you're using vBulletin, as I am, and the "Quick Reply" Feature in VB often fails to activate the Quick Reply field with OW (and Safari). It works with FireFox and Camino, though.