The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can label text be curved along a line or path? [A: not yet, but a feat. req. is open] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to create a diagram of a cycle that is circular and would like to have text that runs along the curve of the circle. Is this possible with OmniGraffle Pro? If not, are there any work arounds or decent ways to accomplish this with other tools (other then Illustrator).

Thanks,

Mike

Can anyone help me here?

Can't do it in Graffle. Don't know about other apps.

I've done that with Stone Design's, Create app

http://www.stone.com/Create/Text_Handling.html

Corel Draw still rocks, even though it hasn't been supported in ages.

Building on Mike's question, I'd like to make a suggestion for development...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesale@yahoo.com View Post
I'm trying to create a diagram of a cycle that is circular and would like to have text that runs along the curve of the circle. Is this possible with OmniGraffle Pro? If not, are there any work arounds or decent ways to accomplish this with other tools (other then Illustrator).

Thanks,

Mike
Having text that flows or follows a curve or is anything but flat is a must for nearly any graphic designer or even for neophytes like me, just looking to make a snazzy business presentation. I mean, even Microsoft (!) can do it easy-peasy with WordArt. Why can't we do it in such a cracking programme like OmniGraffle?

I'd LOVE to have this feature appear very very very soon, if possible, please? pretty please?

Many thanks,

Michael

Building on Mike's question, I'd like to make a suggestion for development...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesale@yahoo.com View Post

Thanks,

Mike
Having text that flows or follows a curve or is anything but flat is a must for nearly any graphic designer or even for neophytes like me, just looking to make a snazzy business presentation. I mean, even Microsoft (!) can do it easy-peasy with WordArt. Why can't we do it in such a cracking programme like OmniGraffle?

I'd LOVE to have this feature appear very very very soon, if possible, please? pretty please?

Many thanks,

Michael

Can I add my support for that idea. It would really just be the bees knees if you could build this in to the program. I HATE having to go back to WORDART to do diagrams that need curved text.

OmniGroup,

I am a huge fan of your products, but am completely at a loss as to why text along a path has not been added.

It's been a request for several years, and is present in most programs.

Cowboy up and get it done already.

-Jazeel

I'm absolutely stunned Omni doesn't do text paths after all these years of people asking for it.

It's absolutely required for anybody doing complex presentations.

Come on, guys. Really?

What is the official means of filing a feature request?