The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Subcontexts? Backup? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does the iPhone version support subcontexts? I didn't see anything specifically about that in the video.

Another question (possibly stupid...): I'm assuming that the OF database is backed up to the PC when I do an iTunes sync (NOT a .Me/WebDAV sync) - correct? I've got a touch and no WiFi access at work. I'm not sure I can use this as a trusted system if the database is not backed up regularly...

Thanks,
Dave

Yes, the iPhone version supports subcontexts. And with the nearby contexts feature, subcontexts can either have their own locations if you set them, or otherwise they inherit the location of the parent context.

And yes, when you do an iTunes sync all of your purchased apps and their data are backed up on your PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Titus View Post
Yes, the iPhone version supports subcontexts.

How do you create them if the parent context is new? I see that you can add a subcontext to a parent context that already has subcontexts by clicking on the context, edit, and then the +. But if the context doesn't have a subcontext then you don't get the edit button.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Select the context you want to be the parent context. The screen will now have the parent context's name in the title bar and "No Actions" just below that. Tap the + button in the lower right corner. Choose "New Context".