The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anyone get theirs yet? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
http://blog.omnigroup.com/

Just wondering after reading at the above link that O.F. has been selectively released:

Quote:
Boy, I can’t tell you how much I’ve been looking forward to writing a blog post that mentions OmniFocus but doesn’t include yet another wishy-washy (and ultimately inaccurate) guess at a beta timeframe.

Folks, we are unleashing OmniFocus into the wild TODAY, starting with a subset of the OmniFocus mailing list. We aren’t seeding the whole list yet because among other things we want to make sure our password system doesn’t explode, sending database shrapnel all over our office, but if you’re on the list you’ll eventually receive an email from us with the information you need to access the beta.

Heads up for those of you who signed up early, since we’re starting with the first subscribers. Check your email for a love note from Omni! For everyone else, over the next several days we’ll be expanding the sneaky peek pool, so hang in there—we’ll be in touch very soon.

If you haven’t signed up on the list, now is the time to do so! The time for doing so is now! We’re heading into Pre-Release Madness, and we want to take you with us.

Hey, does anyone smell that? It’s . . . why, I think it’s the smell of vaporware, floating away in the breeze.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2007-05-14 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Edited to make the quote more clearly a quote

Getting giddy, aren't we! Wiggy too. Calloo callay oh frabjous day.

At one point today we discussed warning anyone who started begging to be bumped up would get bumped down. :)

Dude... you better delete your posts. I just got an email from them saying that I was now number 781... moved down from number 233.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
At one point today we discussed warning anyone who started begging to be bumped up would get bumped down. :)
Does reverse psychology work? Don't send me a link yet, I don't want the software right now ;)

Here in the city of Utrecht, the Netherlands, 400.000 inhabitants, OmniFocus is as yet nowhere to be seen. Focusless and thus miserably omnidirectional, inhabitants are obsessively checking their e-mail. Public life has come to a standstill.

Some of us have houses to renovate, and weddings to plan. Some are plotting to overthrow the monarchy. Down with the queen! Some are actually working, and hoping to get paid for their efforts one day. All of them are in dire need of an elusive piece of software from the USA.

Minutes crawl by, hours pass, and more coffee is consumed. Through the vapours, in the distance, something seems to be approaching, ever so slowly, the old continent. Is it a car? No. Is it a plane?

Obviously focus-less-ness is going to reign until the west coast of the US arises from it's slumbers.

Nothing for me yet!

I signed up once in Jan and again in March.

DOH!

BZ

I got the email and I'm using OmniFocus right now.

I feel so special :)