The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how do I sort projects by start date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to sort projects to find "actions" with different start dates. It doesn't seem to be working. Here's what I'm doing:

...In what I think of as the navigation pane (on the left, with the folders), I click on the Library folder.

...For the filters, I first click on "all projects."

...Then I click on group by "start" in the next filter, moving from left to right.

...The remaining filters are set at "unsorted," "remaining," "any duration," and "any flag state."

I know that I have projects containing actions with various start dates, including today, but I only get one "grouping" and that is "start any time." What am I doing wrong? Or is it OF?

Yikes. Thank you. I guess this makes sense. But it does highlight the conclusion (debated by some, but not really debatable in my opinion) that OF does take some time to master.

I've mentioned this in other posts on other points, but we really, really need a good manual.