The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I need OmniMotivation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
What, are you afraid it's going to give you someone else's actions? :-)

I believe it just goes down the available list of actions for each context selected, but it isn't convenient for me to confirm that at the moment. If you read the original discussion when it came out, I think you'll see suggestions that it was just intended as a proof of concept, but that people found it useful for focusing in the face of too much to do. It isn't intended to make decisions for you about what to do, just help you get moving. Better to get something done, than to sit around debating what to do next and accomplishing nothing.
I miss-typed on my original post; I meant to say it didn't appear to show next action.

My point was that it doesn't look like it follows any of my lists in the order I have them set up, so I can't trust it to bring me things to do in any logical order. That'd have me skipping more tasks than I do which I guess would defeat the object? Maybe not, maybe it's OK to keep slipping until I find a task I have energy and time to do, and which is a priority?

I think you can set up Omnifocus anyways.I am really thankful to you for your advice.

BANJO Every Morning (Bang A Nasty Job Off)

Pick one thing you are frightened off/avoiding.

Work out the Next Action (ideally 15 minutes or less - you can keep focus/discipline for 15 minutes can't you!)

Tomorrow morning, before you do ANYTHING else BANJO that item.

You will feel so much better afterwards (honest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrob View Post
BANJO Every Morning (Bang A Nasty Job Off)

Pick one thing you are frightened off/avoiding.

Work out the Next Action (ideally 15 minutes or less - you can keep focus/discipline for 15 minutes can't you!)

Tomorrow morning, before you do ANYTHING else BANJO that item.

You will feel so much better afterwards (honest)
A.k.a. eating the frog — "If the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that that is probably the worst thing that is going to happen to you all day long!"