The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

omnifocus updates -- repeating? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i have my preferences set for auto updates in omnifocus,

is it just me or does it seem that whatever update comes up it comes up a second the next day?

this only happens twice for any particular update

I see the same thing. Seems to have started happening in the last 2 weeks or so.

Are you sure it is really the same version? There have been a lot of updates lately that don't have any changes in the release notes, so unless you are noting down the build number, it would be easy to think that the same version is appearing. I'd be really interested to see a screen capture showing an "About OmniFocus" window and a upgrade window both showing the same number...

The other possibility that comes to mind is that you've accidentally started up the old version again, in which case seeing it suggest the same upgrade wouldn't be so surprising. Do you have the box for "keep old version" unchecked in the upgrade/install dialog? By default it is on, which isn't really needed at this point in the alpha/beta process, IMO. The builds are quite stable, and Omni gives you access to the old ones if you need them at http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Are you sure it is really the same version? There have been a lot of updates lately that don't have any changes in the release notes, so unless you are noting down the build number, it would be easy to think that the same version is appearing. I'd be really interested to see a screen capture showing an "About OmniFocus" window and a upgrade window both showing the same number...

The other possibility that comes to mind is that you've accidentally started up the old version again, in which case seeing it suggest the same upgrade wouldn't be so surprising. Do you have the box for "keep old version" unchecked in the upgrade/install dialog? By default it is on, which isn't really needed at this point in the alpha/beta process, IMO. The builds are quite stable, and Omni gives you access to the old ones if you need them at http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/

I will make note of build numbers next time a update comes up.
As far as "keep old version" - I don't see this anywhere, unless you mean "archive existing version" ? that comes up in omnifocus update dialog which in my case I have unchecked and have "delete disk image after updating" checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
I will make note of build numbers next time a update comes up.
As far as "keep old version" - I don't see this anywhere, unless you mean "archive existing version" ? that comes up in omnifocus update dialog which in my case I have unchecked and have "delete disk image after updating" checked
Yeah, that sounds right. I wasn't willing to download an older version and run an upgrade just to check the wording. I'm still not, in fact! :-)