The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Edge-swipe left to right to go back? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Are there any plans for OmniGroup to add in the left edge-swipe gesture (like Mail for iOS 7) to OmniFocus 2 for iPhone?

yep, I'm missing this too. I am sure they will add it in the next version.

I was just about to make a post with this exact request. It is a MUST! :-)

Also - the new Reeder app UI on iPhone or iPad is an amazing example of 'flow' and how an app should feel in iOS7 I think - taking a few gesture related cues from it for OmniFocus 2 on iPhone and iPad would be awesome - the biggest one being to go back with a swipe as initially mentioned here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Also - the new Reeder app UI on iPhone or iPad is an amazing example of 'flow' and how an app should feel in iOS7 I think - taking a few gesture related cues from it for OmniFocus 2 on iPhone and iPad would be awesome - the biggest one being to go back with a swipe as initially mentioned here.
Definitely. That is a fantastic example of how seamless interface transitions should work. The default Mail app is quite a good example as well. The gesture of edge-swiping should allow you to 'peek' at the content preceding (on the left), without forcing you to transition into the pane immediately (can't remember which app does this – I think the old version of Instapaper (not so sure about the most recent one)).

Any news on whether this will be implemented or not?

Add me as well. Really miss it.

+1 for back gesture

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidic View Post
Are there any plans for OmniGroup to add in the left edge-swipe gesture (like Mail for iOS 7) to OmniFocus 2 for iPhone?