The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
2 Important Enhancements for Omni Ipad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There are 2 things that irk me about Omnifocus for ipad, that I think would be substantial timesavers and UI enhancements.

1. New Task Button on the Grey Bar for a project. Having to Hold down the bar and wait for "New Task" to come up is very frustrating. Why not just add a simple plus sign icon? Tap it and the New Task info pane pops up. Simple and clean.

2. Defaulting the Start date to TODAY. I like to move my due dates up to the future if I miss them. Why not make it so if the due date is in the past, when you hit +1 day the first time it goes to TODAY? Now if I'm 5 days past the due date, I have to hit +1 several times to set the day. Or just add a TODAY button somewhere.

These to enhancements would really simplify working with Omnifocus for the iPad.

Thanks!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbystone View Post
1. New Task Button on the Grey Bar for a project. Having to Hold down the bar and wait for "New Task" to come up is very frustrating. Why not just add a simple plus sign icon? Tap it and the New Task info pane pops up. Simple and clean.
If you are only displaying one project, use the + button at upper right followed by New Action to add actions without any delays.

If you are displaying multiple projects, tap and hold on the project bar for the project where you want to add actions. Choose Focus. Now follow the directions for a single project, above. If you only have one action to add, however, tap and hold and New Action is probably about as quick.
Quote:
2. Defaulting the Start date to TODAY. I like to move my due dates up to the future if I miss them. Why not make it so if the due date is in the past, when you hit +1 day the first time it goes to TODAY? Now if I'm 5 days past the due date, I have to hit +1 several times to set the day. Or just add a TODAY button somewhere.
First tap the white x in the black circle to clear any date. Now the date will default to today when tapping the +1 buttons, so a +1 day will get you tomorrow, etc.

To make an official feature request, use the Contact Omni option in the Gear menu. Forum posts don't get tallied or reliably added to the development database, and the work is prioritized in part by the number of requests, so if you want it, take the time to request it in the right place.
 
I can live with the date thing. But the new task is WAY too many steps!!! Why not just have an button on the grey project bar. Simple, 1 click task creation
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbystone View Post
I can live with the date thing. But the new task is WAY too many steps!!! Why not just have an button on the grey project bar. Simple, 1 click task creation
Yeah, that's 1 tap in addition to all of the tapping that you do to spell out the task name, set context, dates, etc. vs. 2 taps in addition to all of the tapping that you do to spell out the task name, set context, dates, etc. The marginal cost is very small.

Not quite sure where you're proposing to put your extra + button, but many of my project bars are occupied all the way across. Gobbling up more screen space to duplicate some UI that is already available approximately an inch away doesn't seem like much of an enhancement.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Gobbling up more screen space to duplicate some UI that is already available approximately an inch away doesn't seem like much of an enhancement.
Definitely agree with this two buttons which do the same thing are confusing to the new user.

Tap on the + in the top right corner or,
Hold down on the project bar and tap 'new action'
Click to add a new action to the inbox (top left) and then fill out your project, context and anything else.

All different ways to achieve the same thing, but with good reasons.

On the dates, there are times when you want to bring forward a past date without coming to today (e.g. Recurring projects or actions) what you're suggesting is a large change.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.