The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Could really use Contexts with Multiple Locations Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have purchased OmniFocus for the iPhone and I am evaluating OmniFocus for Mac. I think this is THE GTD app. So far, I have only one major complaint -- so I thought I'd run it by here to see what the prognosis might be.

Contexts are awesomely helpful, and I find that the ability to associate a context with a location is an incredible productivity tool. My problem is that contexts are often associated with MORE THAN ONE location! For example, Grocery Shopping happens at more than one grocery store. There are many Apple retail stores in the greater Los Angeles area. I might want to be reminded to buy a new hard drive whenever I'm at ANY Apple store, not just the one in Santa Monica.

Finally, it would be nice to be able to manually add multiple location information in both the desktop as as well as the iPhone version of the app, and not just click a button for my current location on the iPhone.

That's it for now. Please let me know if this sort of thing would be possible in the near future.

Thanks.

-mark

Rather than using the current location button , have you tried adding business searches for 'Apple' and/ or 'Grocery store'. Works fine for me.

I generally deal with situations like this with broader category searches, or by using the various operators that Google makes available. (A list of the options that are supported is available here on Google's site.)