The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I sync with Entourage ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to use Entourage for corporate purposes. Is there a way of syncing Omnifocus with Entourage ?

help

If Entourage has healthy AppleScript support, it would certainly be possible to create some scripts to do this (which could then be placed on the OmniFocus toolbar). But I'm not aware of any existing ways.

If you don't mind jumping through multiple hoops, you could sync OF to iCal and then sync iCal to Entourage... although I cannot remember off hand if tasks are synced or just calendar items. So it may or may not work but might be worth investigating... especially if you aren't up to writing an AppleScript.

Eric

WARNING: I just remembered, I once wiped out my entire Entourage/Outlook calendar when I synced iCal to Entourage instead of the other way around. Back up your data before you try any experiments!

I got this to work.

You can switch the iCal syncing on in the Sync Services preferences in Entourage (be sure and choose the correct location if you are on an Exchange Server).

Once Entourage syncs for the first time, you will have a calendar named "Entourage" in iCal. This is the calendar you will have to sync *all* your contexts to (in OF's iCal Sync prefs).

You will likely want to have the context name appended to the action name as you will not have contexts in separate calendars as per usual with iCal sync.

I'm close to having an Applescript that will parse the context name and use it to assign a category to the actions in Entourage but won't be revisiting that until next week. I will post it if I get done.

P

BUMP ;)

This still works as of the date of this posting with the latest Leopard, OmniFocus, and Entourage 2008.

I use this to sync OmniFocus and my Blackberry via PocketMac (since their iCal Task sync is horribly broken).

Thanks!