The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Processing email into actions and completed date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I currently use mail to create a lot of actions in Omnifocus and it works great.

I lot of times I will process the task that came to me via email and then send it to omifocus anyways so I have a record. I mark it completed when it shows up in actions.

I was wondering if there was a way to send the completed date in an email?

Example: I get a task via email to to some thing, I do that task and I'm done with it. Now I forward the email using #startdate #duedate @context >project. I'm wondering if there is way to pass on the completed date? Thereby saving me a step? and giving me a record that completed the task.

No, it doesn't do completion dates. You could put the completion date in the note so you don't have to look it up elsewhere, but you'll still have to complete it by hand (if you bring up the inspector or add the completed date column to the outline, you can mark it complete later but still have the right time/date, if that is important to you).

If you are interested in doing some Applescript coding, I believe it would be straightforward to modify the stock Omni script that does the mail handling to immediately mark the newly created action complete as of the time it was received and processed. You could set up an additional filter rule in Mail to divert the messages intended to add completed items (you could send them to a different address, for example, or perhaps start the subject line with "Completed:") to the modified script.

A no-tinker approach would be to forward the email upon receipt, do the task, mark complete :-)