The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waiting/On Hold contexts make tasks unavailable Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I found another bug which is not in the list:
if action has "@Waiting" context assigned (the one that is there out of the box) it doesn't show up again under that context. The context displays "None available".
This action can still be found under projects->all actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreyb View Post
I found another bug which is not in the list:
if action has "@Waiting" context assigned (the one that is there out of the box) it doesn't show up again under that context. The context displays "None available".
This action can still be found under projects->all actions.
No, unless I'm misunderstanding what you are reporting, this is the intended behavior. The Waiting context that comes with the default database is set as On Hold, which means that any actions assigned to this context will not be seen as Available. So, unless you change the settings on your iPhone/iPod to show Remaining actions in Contexts, they will not appear. Most of the time when working out of the Contexts display you are looking for actions that can be done immediately, so the default settings do not show actions which are not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
No, unless I'm misunderstanding what you are reporting, this is the intended behavior. The Waiting context that comes with the default database is set as On Hold, which means that any actions assigned to this context will not be seen as Available. So, unless you change the settings on your iPhone/iPod to show Remaining actions in Contexts, they will not appear. Most of the time when working out of the Contexts display you are looking for actions that can be done immediately, so the default settings do not show actions which are not available.
Yes, you are correct and changing contexts settings does the trick. Thank you for explaining that. Somehow I didn't realized this and I obviously I didn't read the manual (now I feel that I should :) Sorry for the false alarm.

What I don't understand though is why would you have a context which won't let you view all its related actions? I understand what they are trying to do, as in a action which is on hold is not actually something you can get done so therefore don't show it until you can.

BUT why even show the context if there is nothing in it. For the waiting context there will never be anything in it on the default settings.

What do I do if I want to do something about my waiting for actions or review them? Do I have to change the settings each time? I feel like I am using this app incorrectly or there is a missing link that makes on hold items work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenupcan View Post
BUT why even show the context if there is nothing in it. For the waiting context there will never be anything in it on the default settings.
You do the get the count of overdue items, even if none are available.
Quote:
What do I do if I want to do something about my waiting for actions or review them? Do I have to change the settings each time? I feel like I am using this app incorrectly or there is a missing link that makes on hold items work.
You do have to twiddle the settings so you can see those items, or perhaps leave them that way all the time. I would agree this is a place where the iPhone app is not as convenient to use as the Mac app.