The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New action keyboard shortcut just beeps Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Command-option-N doesn't create a new record. I end up doing it manually. I do get a system beep and that's it.

Obviously that's a pretty important keyboard shortcut.

Any suggestions on a bug or compatibility issue?

Mac X.5.4. 8 core. 16 gigs RAM.

thnx!

Edit: ooops. Just noticed the keyboard shortcut was command-control. Is it just me or does that seem a little obscure/awkward for such an essential shortcut?

thnx again.

Last edited by gtdToday; 2008-07-14 at 05:17 PM..

Personally, I find hitting the Return key to create new actions to be the easiest of any method I've seen (in OmniFocus or any other GTD apps). It's so simple and natural; it feels like you're just typing in a text editor.

-Dennis

Toadling you are spot on. Since I've used the app less than 19 hours at this point I didn't notice this obvious method!

Yeah, backspacing to the previous row and moving the cursor from row to row with the arrow keys is also reminiscent of a text editor. You know, it doesn't feel as restrictive as some database apps that limit your keyboard movement between records.

I guess it doesn't matter to some people, but it's actually one of my favorite things about OmniFocus. Along with the "Smart Match" project and context fields, Return to create new rows, and Shift-Return to create rows above the current row, I feel like it's really efficient at entering data, which is really important for dumping everything out of my mind in a hurry. :-)

-Dennis

BTW - That's some serious iron you're running. 8 cores, 16 GB RAM?! Very impressive.