The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to focus on folders? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A previous thread about multiple contexts included the (omni) suggestion to use folders and focus on a folder to distinguish between work and private projects (for instance).

Good suggestion, but I'm stuck. Can anyone explain how I can focus on a folder?

PS: I have just discovered the focus-button, but I would like to focus on a folder and stay focused on that folder until I decide to unfocus. Currently, I lose focus when I switch from project view to context view and it's hard to manage the crosssectioning that way.

Last edited by Gerhard69; 2010-12-12 at 04:21 AM..

Gerhard-
If you select "Show Perspectives" from the Perspectives menu, a new window will appear. Select "Contexts" in the list on the left, is the "Restore: Focus" box checked?

If that box is unchecked, pressing the Contexts button in the toolbar should leave the view with the same focus it got from Project view. (Checking it is essentially saying "override whatever Project view was doing".)

Does that help?

Brian, he's talking iPad here...

I don't believe there is any means to focus on a folder on the iPad, except by means of a perspective. If you have the Mac application, you could focus on a folder, switch to context mode, save it as a perspective, and sync that perspective to your iPad. You still can't flip back and forth as easily as on the Mac, but you can get your context view of just the stuff in the folder you selected when you created the perspective, and you can "focus" on the folder in project mode by drilling down in the sidebar.