The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Editing a Column of Checkboxes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am brand new to OmniOutliner for iPad2 and Macbook Pro, so please bear with me. I have created my first new Outline on my iPad for a landscaping project of mine and inserted a column of checkboxes on the right hand side of my outline. The problem is that this new column has checkboxes appearing on every row from the title on down, including empty rows I use for spacing. Is there any way to edit out individual checkboxes on rows where they are not required?

I exported my Outline to Omni Outliner Pro on my MBPro with the only difference being the column of checkboxes appears on the far left, as opposed to the far right on my iPad2. It would be nice to be able to delete the un-needed check boxes on both my iPad2 and my MBPro, and to a lesser extent to keep the check boxes on the same side in both copies.

Thanks for your help.

Nick

It's an all or nothing deal with the status checkboxes, I'm afraid. The iPad app has status checkboxes for each row in a column to the right of the topic column, though the column may be hidden. On the Mac, the status checkboxes are on the left, hugging the left edge of the rows, but may optionally be hidden (see the Document: Display inspector). Both apps allow you to add additional columns to display checkboxes, but once again, you can't hide the display for some rows and not others.

I would suggest using a different method to put extra space in your outline if you don't want the spacing to have checkboxes. You can put blank lines in your rows themselves by pressing option-return at the end of a line on the Mac. On the iPad, it is a bit more complicated because there's no option key; you can enter the note field for a row, make some blank lines, copy and paste them into the row at the desired spot. As you have a Mac and the Mac app, I would just do it there and send it back to the iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I would suggest using a different method to put extra space in your outline if you don't want the spacing to have checkboxes. You can put blank lines in your rows themselves by pressing option-return at the end of a line on the Mac. On the iPad, it is a bit more complicated because there's no option key; you can enter the note field for a row, make some blank lines, copy and paste them into the row at the desired spot. As you have a Mac and the Mac app, I would just do it there and send it back to the iPad.
Thank you very much for your posting...and the others as well. I think I will take your advice and try your method of adding space, and do it on my Mac, then simply send it back to my iPad.

Thank you again everyone....:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster View Post
I am brand new to OmniOutliner for iPad2 and Macbook Pro, so please bear with me. I have created my first new Outline on my iPad for a landscaping project of mine and inserted a column of checkboxes on the right hand side of my outline. The problem is that this new column has checkboxes appearing on every row from the title on down, including empty rows I use for spacing. Is there any way to edit out individual checkboxes on rows where they are not required?

I exported my Outline to Omni Outliner Pro on my MBPro with the only difference being the column of checkboxes appears on the far left, as opposed to the far right on my iPad2. It would be nice to be able to delete the un-needed check boxes on both my iPad2 and my MBPro, and to a lesser extent to keep the check boxes on the same side in both copies.

Thanks for your help.

Nick
Isn't this in the wrong forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffAirey View Post
Isn't this in the wrong forum?
Not any more. ;-)

But that's a priceless Steinway!

Not any more :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74YLwinLT7M