The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planned resource reduction or availability? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Love that I can reduce available 'units' for a developer to reflect them splitting time between projects, but I can't seem to figure out how to do the following:

Carla is going to be on Project X, and Project Y, both at 50% for the first month, but on date A/B/C, she also is going to get Project Z dumped on her plate. This is planned, and known.

I want to be able to specify that Carla will be available at 50% now, but on A/B/C, she is going to only be at 33%, and when that project is completed, back to 50%.

As far as I can tell, the only way to do this is to make three Carlas: one at 50% pre-Project Z, one at 33% during Project Z, and one at 50% post-Project Z, and set the dates for each accordingly.

I'd like to be able to specify *multiple* date ranges (absolute calendar dates, or tied to task completions in the current or other projects) and availability, for resources.

How about giving her a normal schedule of, say 8-12, then dropping her down to 8-10:40 for the 33% month? Or units of 50% with a full time schedule and give her 160 minutes of off time during that month? Neither may accurately model the reality of how Carla works, but then neither does the best project plan.

Tom