The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What am I doing wrong? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I admit that my PDF file is printed up, but I'm between offices so it is boxed. I'm trying to write a series of lectures on OmniOutliner Pro. Here is what I'm running into:
(1) even though I've chosen 12-point Gill Sans, the hard copy printout looks like it is in 6-point.
(2) when I'm able to get it to a point size that looks normal on the printer, 2/3 of the right size of the lecture are truncated off.
(3) When I try to print pages 1-2 (I haven't gotten any farther than that!!), the printer spits out one truncated page followed by 3 or 4 blank pages, then one truncated page followed by 3 or 4 blank pages.

I'm used to ThinkTank, PC Outline, GrandView, Ecco, and MaxThink. But I'm a Mac-dude now, and it appears that OmniOutliner is the only outliner out there for modern macs. I have the Pro version.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans

But not in the way I wanted. I bought Note Taker from Aqua Minds. All of the functionality that I needed, and not too expensive. Recommended if you want an outliner just to be an outliner.

Hi Jeffrey-

I'm not sure why you would see truncation but some of this, maybe all, is due to having print scaling turned on. Go to File -> Page Setup -> Settings: OmniOutliner -> General tab and uncheck 'scale to fit page width'. That will allow you to have consistent printouts.

However, the window width of the document effects the width of the printout. So when page scaling is off, you'll need to resize the width of the window to the size you want. You'll see page breaks appear while resizing to help you.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I think that this is what is driving me crazy with the Mac in general. The Mac seems to take WYSIWYG to a far greater level than any Windows program. In taking your suggestion, I did uncheck that box. I then went to scale my window and saw a red "page boundary" line pop up! Is that the guide that I would use to ensure than what is on my screen doesn't spill off the printed page? I narrowed the page so that the page boundary line disppeared, and the page printed normally. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Jeffery

Yep, that sounds right!