The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Marking things as done (with a strike through, not deleting it) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I wish that when I marked an action as done, the task wouldn't disappear immediately. Sometimes when on the go I may tap the wrong task, only to find it gone and without a way to undo this.

With a strike through, I could undo the error on the spot. The action could be gone after a few seconds, or on the next OmniFocus restart.

If you turn on undo support in the Settings, Experimental features, you can shake to undo marking a task as completed.

Thanks Greg. Even today I marked a task as done. I have the Undo option turned on, but I did not shake it immediately (because I just found this out, from your post). Can I still recover that mistakenly deleted task?

If you deleted a task, I don't know that it can be recovered. If you marked the task as complete, you could set projects to show all tasks.

Another thing to consider, assuming you also use OmniFocus for the Mac, is to set up a completed tasks perspective. Mine looks like this:

On the iPhone it displays like this:

Ah, yes. I have OmniFocus for Mac, indeed, but never tried delving into the Perspectives before. Your instructions did help me recovering the tasks marked as done by mistake. Thank you very much for your kind screenshots, Greg.