The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

clippings & Notational Velocity - contents don't import into OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Having just discovered Notational Velocity, I'm interested in how keeping text notes can interface with OF. I see from other users that NV is good for getting things out of our heads and keeping info we might need later.

To turn a text entry into an OF item, I highlight the entry and press the shortcut for clippings. That doesn't seem to work. Do it a second time, and it works but only the title of the note comes over and not the note content.

Anyone have any idea how to make the whole note come into OF (like happens with a message in Mail, for instance)?
I realize I could highlight the text note and pull it in that way but that isn't very efficient (requires clicking, highlighting...).

Maybe there are other note taking software options.

Again, any help/insight would be appreciated !