The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where are templates stored? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In what folder can I find OO templates? When I select File:New From Template, my custom templates do not appear. They are in ~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/Templates ... but I can't access them from the app. Also, I can't find the folder holding the templates that ARE offered to me from the File menu.

I don't have OO4, but OO3 custom templates are in the following directory.

~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner/Templates/

I see you do not have the "OmniOutliner" in the file path you posted — maybe this is what is missing in viewing your templates from within the application.

This seems to have changed on OO4. And I can find my custom templates ... but the default templates are nowhere to be found, and that's what the File/New menu prompts. Where they are, I have no idea.

OmniOutliner 4 is sandboxed so the application support folder is located in a different location - ~/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner

We're planning on adding new UI to manage templates and clippings so you don't need to remember this path.

Thanks - the new UI to manage templates will be VERY helpful.

These don’t appear to be located in that location. Can someone help me find these?

It looks like it is now in ~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner/Templates/

This is much easier in OmniOutliner 4 than it was when this thread was originally created, since OmniOutliner 4 has the new Resource Browser interface that we proposed adding earlier in this thread.

Select Resource Browser from the File menu, and then use the gear menu at the bottom to "Add Resources to Library", "Edit a Copy", create a "New Template", or even "Show in Finder" if you need to do something that the Resource Browser doesn't know how to do.

Hope this helps!