The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where is "Show Ruler" menu item ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just start with OmniOtliner Pro 4 and I have not found the cmd "Show Ruler", see attached screenshot. The User manual does not help.
Where is it?
Thank you & Ciao
---[Febo]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OminOutliner_4.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	2965  

my guess is that it's not implemented yet. i have an icon for 'toggle ruler' which does nothing when i activate it.

personally, i've never had a need for it, and i would (again guessing!) suspect that a majority of users would feel the same, which would justify it not being included in this first release.

Well the need of having ruler for text formatting may help getting a better document.
I hope it will be back with the very first update along with the possibility of having the Note expanding throughout all columns which I have not found how-to.
To be noted that these two option were available in vers. 3 .
Thanks & Ciao

I'm afraid that I don't have an answer on the Ruler question, as of yet. Regarding the notes questions, does the View > Show All Notes command do what you'd like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febo View Post
Note expanding throughout all columns which I have not found how-to.
Thanks & Ciao
This option is the "Inline notes" setting in the Outline inspector.

Quote:
I just start with OmniOtliner Pro 4 and I have not found the cmd "Show Ruler", see attached screenshot. The User manual does not help.
Where is it?
Thank you & Ciao
---[Febo]
Did you happen to open the help from OmniOutliner 3 by accident? OmniOutliner 4 no longer uses the OS help viewer and that is the OmniOutliner 3 help file you are looking at. The ruler does not exist in OO4. I will add your vote to the request to reimplement it. If you are looking to remove any tab stops or settings that would be shown on the ruler, you can still do so through the Style Attributes inspector (but can not set them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
This option is the "Inline notes" setting in the Outline inspector.
No I am looking for the Note thai crossover throught all columns as a row, because the Note usually refero to' the line above.
I hope to have explain correctly my wish.
Thank you & Ciao

Quote:
No I am looking for the Note thai crossover throught all columns as a row, because the Note usually refero to' the line above.
I hope to have explain correctly my wish.
Thank you & Ciao
That is what this setting is for if I'm understanding correctly. The options are whether inline notes wrap to the topic column or span across all columns.

Quote:
That is what this setting is for if I'm understanding correctly. The options are whether inline notes wrap to the topic column or span across all columns.
I have try but the note stays within the column space. The other Note option put it at the and of the document.
What I was looking for is the possibility of expand the Note across ALL columns and stay in the same position (below the relevant topic).
In vers. 3 this was possible... easily as Show or Hide Ruler, why these options have ben taken out ?
Ciao

Quote:
The ruler does not exist in OO4. I will add your vote to the request to reimplement it
if there is currently no intention to reimplement the ruler, isn't the 'toggle ruler' icon redundant, if not confusing?

Last edited by kened; 2014-01-18 at 05:07 AM.. Reason: attach image