The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick Question on Sorting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am new to Omnifocus, been using Remember The Milk, but i think its ugly.

I have gone and setup my tasks in Omnifocus, my question is, how do i sort, or rearrange my tasks by due date in 'Context' and 'Project' mode? I like how i can sort by due date in 'Due' mode, but when viewing in Context mode or Project mode, i have stuff that is due today in the middle of the list, and i think it should be at the top.

Thanks.

Nevermind, i think i got it. Don't know why it was greyed out before!

Actually i dont got it.

Everytime i sort, by due date in Project Mode, nothing happens.

Everytime i sort by due date in Context Mode, it sorts, but when i change screens it reverts back to sorting by project...

any ideas?

Thanks.

The view bar setting just changes the display. To permanently sort items you have to be in project mode, select the items to sort, and choose Edit --> Sort --> sort order.

Curt

Many thanks Curt - I've been trying to get sorted actions in projects for a while and couldn't figure it out. This is a great tip.

I cannot figure out how to sort by name. I have it checked in the view bar but it is not sorting. Can someone please help me out here? Thanks

Assuming you are wanting to sort actions by name across all projects, switch to Context view, select Ungrouped in the 'Group Actions By' setting of the view bar and select Name in the 'Sort Actions By' setting of the view bar.

So does that mean you can only sort in Context view?
I am trying to eliminate duplicate entries. Is there an easy way to do this?

View bar sorting changes the DISPLAY order for actions in Context Mode and for projects in Project Mode.

What sort of duplicate entries are you trying to eliminate? Duplicate actions? Duplicate projects? You need to be more specific.

Curt

Sorry,
Duplicate actions
So the sort buttion, sorts projects, not actions?
I have attached a screen shot, I have [sort by name] selected but the items are not sorted
http://screencast.com/t/4fjj9BDh