The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to create a repeatable list? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I tried searching but can't figure out what, exactly to search for to achieve this. I want to create a checklist of items that define a project, but I want to be able to repeat it on demand.

The situation is this: am in charge of setting up computers at work, which involves multiple steps. Since I only need to set up a new computer when we hire a new employee or migrate a user to a new machine, I need to be able to create a project with a due date that includes all the steps to set up a computer, but I don't want to have to remember to add all the steps to the project each time I need to do this.

Is there a way to create a "prefab" project that I can look at and check the items off? Is am I being clear on what I'm looking for? Thanks in advance.

Something I do requires the desktop program - I have a project of standard actions related to travel (out of office assistants, emailing people, travel claim, packing, etc). I keep them in a project called standing travel tasks and when I have a new trip, I copy and paste the standing tasks, fill in the due dates and change the name of the project. But I do this on the desk top and sync to the phone. I'm not sure I could do it on the iphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
I tried searching but can't figure out what, exactly to search for to achieve this. I want to create a checklist of items that define a project, but I want to be able to repeat it on demand.

Is there a way to create a "prefab" project that I can look at and check the items off? Is am I being clear on what I'm looking for? Thanks in advance.
If I understand you correctly, I'm doing this with a trip checklist. I keep a project on hold called "Trip Checklist Master". When I start a new trip, I just copy the project to my Trips folder, and give it the name of my trip.

-Mark
http://blog.glorious-landscape.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	505
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1107  

You can't do it on the iPhone in any practical way, but if you have a desktop syncing with your iPhone, doing as ifoner suggests and copying a handful of them into your database, keeping them on hold or filed away in a folder or otherwise out of the way is a practical approach. When you need one, you go to that storage folder, tap the Edit button, select one of the unused projects, make any changes and refile it where you want it with the little file folder icon at the bottom right. Restock the supply closet as needed :)