The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Date for a 1.1 beta? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have to work a lot with imported Microsoft Project Plans. The granularity of the time for start and end dates in Omniplan is really hurting me as I end up with many imported conflicts. I know from the threads in the forums that you guys are addressing this as part of the next release. Is there any indication of when a beta version may become available?

Thanks

Pete.

1) We generally don't pre-announce release dates (because we'd usually be wrong anyhow), but we are aiming for soon.
2) I worry a little that there may be a misunderstanding here. The change we're making for the time of start and end dates in OmniPlan is only a cosmetic change. Internally, tasks will still start and end at whatever time they did before; we're only adding the option to not *display* the time portion of the dates. So I doubt this will resolve "imported conflicts".

That's a definitely nice feature, the sooner the better.

I find that virtually all my tasks are day or 1/2 day style tasks. I'm not focused one what hours the developers work on them, but rather are they getting them done by a sufficient date.