The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Split / Join items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I copied some text from an email where I'd like each line to be an item in OmniFocus. But the app puts them all in one line. How can I easily split them into separate items? (With OmniOutliner you can use ctrl-return and ctrl-del to split/join items).

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
muski

I am using 1.7.1 under Snow Leopard

When you paste into OmniFocus (or OmniOutliner, for that matter) if you click on the row handle (the dot on the left side of the row) before pasting, you'll get a row for each line. If you paste when editing the row, you'll just get a multi-line row, as you've discovered.

Tried it -- works nicely. Thanks!

(Though I still wish there was a join/split keyboard command like in OmniOutliner...)