The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Amazon site problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello;

On many of its entries, Amazon.com offers a feature, "Search inside" [this book] that allows one to see what the pages of a book actually look like.

It works fine in Safari, as it always has, but it no longer works at all in OmniWeb, though it used to. That's a bit frustrating since if I want to see what's there I have to go to Safari. Is there a workaround for this I don't know about, or. . . ?

Thanks

Ray Choiniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raycee
Hello;

On many of its entries, Amazon.com offers a feature, "Search inside" [this book] that allows one to see what the pages of a book actually look like.

It works fine in Safari, as it always has, but it no longer works at all in OmniWeb, though it used to. That's a bit frustrating since if I want to see what's there I have to go to Safari. Is there a workaround for this I don't know about, or. . . ?

Thanks

Ray Choiniere
This has been pointed out already and I believe Troy said that the problem should be resolved with the implementation of the latest version of WebKit in 5.5.1. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiyi666@yahoo.com
This has been pointed out already and I believe Troy said that the problem should be resolved with the implementation of the latest version of WebKit in 5.5.1. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
OK, glad it's not just me. . .;)
And thank you very much for your quick response.

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raycee
OK, glad it's not just me. . .;)
And thank you very much for your quick response.

Ray
You're welcome Ray. Even spoofing won't work. This is one of the only sites that I can't get to work with OW. It would be nice if OW also included an "open in" option; for now, I'm using an Apple script to do this. Still a great browser!

I'm not having this issue but another one that's very odd. From my recommendation page if I select I own it or if I rate items Amazon refreshes the page or at least it tries to do so but for some reason I get a blank page after submitting a rating or selecting I own it or not interested. Clicking refresh does nothing. I haven't changed any of the settings for the site, so I have no clue what's happening.

I just thought I would comment that the earlier problem I had with "Look inside" on Amazon has been fixed in the most recent iteration of OmniWeb. (I haven't done any posting of the type Golf11 mentions, so I can't comment on that.)

Relieved. . .

Ray

I am having similar issues as Golf11, and it is quite annoying, as I use Amazon recommendations quite alot.