The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tasks with no project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear All,

Having searched to forums (probably not too well) I can't seem to find an answer to my question.

That is, when I create a task with no project, and put this into a context it doesn't appear in the Context View. So, for example, I create a task for "Buy staples" and put this in "Errands", but I can't see it in the context view.

Tasks with a project seem to appear ok.

Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Many thanks for any help.

Does it appear in the inBox - if so, you need to assign a project, or a singleton project. Check the preferences, the Data tab. There you can assign a default list for single actions. You'll need to define such a list first. Just create a project under the library, and in the inspector>project>type, denote it as single actions (not parallel or sequential).

And to just clarify one more thing, you have to "clean up" that task out of the inbox.

I find this a bit annoying, as sometimes I get things done while still in the inbox. It would be nice to still see them in context view.

-P

Don't want to repeat anyone, but it's just like pvonk said...

1. Create a "Single-Action List"
2. Name it "Miscellaneous" or whatever you like.
3. Drop your single actions (or task as you called it) from your inbox into that list.

After that they'll show up in the context view.

OK, thanks. I understand now. I'm coming from iGTD so there are a few things I maybe need to re-learn. I'm currently trying to figure out iCal syncing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptone View Post
And to just clarify one more thing, you have to "clean up" that task out of the inbox.

I find this a bit annoying, as sometimes I get things done while still in the inbox. It would be nice to still see them in context view.

-P
Working from your Inbox is a good thing. Contexts are for not loosing track of those things that you come to in your inbox but cannot do right away (too complicated, insufficient resources, don't want to, etc).