The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem when webdav path and directory don't match Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

i am playing around with Omnifocus and the webdav functionality, but i can't make it work. I am customer at one of the bigger german webhosting providers (domainfactory.de) and i think the problem is the following: when i create a webdav account, it has a different url than the path within the file system. For example, the url for all accounts is always http(s)://accountname.livedisk.df.eu/webdav/ and you have to login with the accountname and your password. however, the actual path where it refers to is not a directory called "/webdav/", but it could be anything really, e.g., "/webdav/accountname", "/accountname" or "/whatever/foobar". The first one, "/webdav/accountname" is my real setup. I am thinking this may possibly be a problem, because it get the following message when i try to sync:
---
Unable to synchronize database with server
Unable to perform webdav operation.

The accountname.livedisk.df.eu server returned "forbidden" (403) in response to a request to "PROPFIND /webdav/OmniFocus.ofocus".
---
So i am not sure where the propfind is supposed to look. The correct physical path would be /webdav/accountname/OmniFocus.ofocus" or if the path is relative, i would expect the PROPFIND to remove "/webdav" and just do "/OmniFocus.ofocus". But that way, i suspect there is something off, right?

Another unrelated question: does the webdav support in Omnifocus support SSL?

Thanks for the answers!

Nevermind, for some reason, it just started working :confused::):):)