The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What's the difference - Sneaky Peek 14 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Went to download SP13 since that has just been announced, only to find SP14 available, so I downloaded that! Must be the quickest redo ever, even beating Nisus Writer Express 2.7 FC3 to FC4! :D

Mark

I was also surprised to find #14 available, since I just found #13 w/i the past half hour. Sweet. I wanted #14 anyway. Forget the whole bad number karma such, because the world didn't end yesterday, and we'll get to see OW 5.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenwaith
I was also surprised to find #14 available, since I just found #13 w/i the past half hour. Sweet. I wanted #14 anyway. Forget the whole bad number karma such, because the world didn't end yesterday, and we'll get to see OW 5.5!
I don't have that superstition. A Chinese friend sent me an SMS wishing me fame, fortune etc on Tuesday, as 6-6-6 is a once in a century lucky day as far as the Chinese are concerned. When I pointed out that to Christians (which I am not) 666 is the name of the Beast, she was terribly contrite and said that she hoped my integration with Chinese culture would protect me (I reassured her that it wasn't a problem for me). As you say, the world didn't end on Tuesday, and the 13th falls on a Friday more often than any other day. I think it's being superstitious that gives one the problems ... :)

Mark

The release notes, as always, can be found here:
http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof.../releasenotes/

If a SP comes out and you don't see the notes on that page, it's probably because they're in the process of updating them. The chance of getting a response with the answer to a thread before the release notes get updated, I'm guessing is slim to none (and slim left town last week.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
The release notes, as always, can be found here:
http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof.../releasenotes/

If a SP comes out and you don't see the notes on that page, it's probably because they're in the process of updating them. The chance of getting a response with the answer to a thread before the release notes get updated, I'm guessing is slim to none (and slim left town last week.)
Yes, I know ... SP14 must have been posted almost as soon as they put the notes up on SP13, and I must have gone to the download page at more or less the same moment ... I am many hours away in China, and I'm also a Brit, so I haven't the foggiest idea what time of day it might be over there in OmniLand!

My title was intended to be light hearted, as the last thread posted was asking the same of SP13 ... the post announcing SP14 was put up as I was typing mine ... it wasn't there when I started, it was there when I posted! :cool:

Mark

if it helps, xiamenese, it's 8 AM in england when it's midnight in omni-land. How that translates to China, I have NO idea. ;)

It takes some time for us to go through all the steps to get a SP up and going, so if you don't see some notes, give troy another 15 minutes or so, 'cuz he's probably mirroring the download or doing a little dance or some such. ;) Darn it troy, learn to dance & upload at the same time!

That said, 14 is 'just' a crash fix that we introduced in 13, and caught quickly. We thought we'd save you guys some crashes & just get it out there, so you can play with the snazzy new HTTP header logging!

happy browsing!

14 is crashing on me constantly (so now I'm using Safari). 13 must have been unable to get out of the dock. 15 coming soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb
14 is crashing on me constantly (so now I'm using Safari). 13 must have been unable to get out of the dock. 15 coming soon?

I had similar problems in sp13. I ended up trashing my prefs and now everything is peachy. I didn't want to use my backed-up prefs so I simply reset everything from scratche (including the shortcuts :-\) but at least I know I'm now with a clean copy of the .plist.
The app has been pretty stable since then,

Corentin

this is very preliminary, so don't take it as gospel or anything, but try setting your 'Request web pages in my preferred languages' checkbox on & see if that helps? I know that's causing at least SOME of the problems, if not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
this is very preliminary, so don't take it as gospel or anything, but try setting your 'Request web pages in my preferred languages' checkbox on & see if that helps? I know that's causing at least SOME of the problems, if not all.

I had it checked and everything was fine. Since I'm curious by nature, I unchecked it and OW begun crashing more and more frequently... I re-checked it and everything is fine now. There is very obviously something going on there.

Corentin