The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

List actions which do not have a context Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
At the time of writing the "Contexts View" has a hard-wired blind patch - it doesn't offer a list of actions to which no context has been assigned.

Some of these will be in the inbox, but others will scattered amongst all the projects, lurking unnoticed and un-actioned. Users have been reporting losing track of them.

Doubtless Omni will remedy this, but in the meanwhile here is an Applescript which I am personally using to patch the blind spot. It creates a custom context called "-UNASSIGNED", and assigns this to all actions which have a project (and are no longer in the inbox) but do not have a context.

This means that all such actions will show up in the Contexts view. To assign a more concrete context to such an action, select it and use Apple+Option+R to view it in Projects View, where you will be able to change its context.

No warranties, explicit or implied, but if you would like to experiment with this temporary fix, you can install it by:

0. Unzipping the attached script file.
1. Copying it to ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus/
2. Using Omnifocus View/Customize_Toolbar to drag its icon to the toolbar

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-07-05 at 07:47 AM..

Rob: This script works great for me -- thanks for sharing your solution.

Omni Team: Kudos to you all for making your apps open and scriptable. I know I speak for many, many people who appreciate this.

Dan

Rob-
This is a fantastic script. I had at least 50 NA's that didn't have a context connected to them, so they were hidden in the context view. I think this would be an important script to build into OF.

This is just what I needed -- thanks for sharing!

Eileen