The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone App Planned? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I looked around a bit a did see a few discussions regarding others wanting to use OF with the iPhone, however the ones I saw look more liked hacked or jailbroken type solutions. My question to OMNI is now that the SDK for the iPhone has been released, are there any plans to release a full blow iPhone app that syncs with the OF items on the Mac?

I sure hope so as the ToDo void on the iPhone is ridiculous.

Thanks!
Randy

Yes; last Thursday I posted to our blog that we're planning to bring OmniFocus to the iPhone. (Actually, it won't be just on the iPhone, but also the iPod Touch.)

The Mac and iPhone applications will be able to synchronize changes with each other through any WebDAV server (including Apple's .Mac), so you won't have to worry about plugging your iPhone into your Mac to synchronize your latest edits back and forth.

(Multiple Macs will also be able to synchronize with each other through the same WebDAV server, for those of you who might be wondering about that.)

Last edited by Ken Case; 2008-03-14 at 06:55 AM..

Just for clarity, you will be able to sync the OF iPhone and OF Desktop:
• wirelessly using a WebDAV server
---and/or---
• using the cradle/iTunes

And finally, if one is running a Leopard Server, will the Leopard Server be able to provide the necessary WebDAV server components?

[I can't wait for end of June - too bad we can't sneaky peak this stuff!]