The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

When Will Our Long Nightmare End? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just wondering . . .

When OmniGroup has finished their work.

I prefer a great app that a beta published and updating frequently.

I think that they're right for the compromise to launch an app that you'll enjoy everyday.

Is not a nightmare because they're working hard, take a look to their twitter, they're working very hard and it's unfair to say that this is a nightmare. Of course it's my point of view.

Somedays I miss OmniFocus in my iPad but I'm pretty sure that I will enjoy so much this app when it'll be ready that I prefer to wait and let OmniGroup get their job done. :-)

It's close, they won't get holydays until finish OmniFocus for the iPad.I hope!

Immediately after Apple released the iPad I purchased one. I wanted OmniFocus on it because it is central to organizing my life! So OmniFocus was the first application I downloaded. True it was the iPhone application, but it works perfectly on the iPad. Today, using MobileMe, OmniFocus elegantly syncs between my iMac, iPhone and iPad!

Do I look forward to OmniFocus designed for the iPad being released? Yes, every couple of days I check the OmniGroup web site for a status update. When the iPad version of OmniFocus is released it will be far better than using the iPhone version. The iPad version will use the real estate on the iPad far better, will be easier to use and provide additional features.

I am a Software Engineer by profession! To produce a quality product takes time and trying many different concepts and GUIs. We can be thankful that rather than than going for the quick dollar, OmniGroup believes in producing quality software they can be proud of. In the end us users are the winners!

PLEASE, let us be patient and give OmniGroup our full support! I am confident once released OmniFocus will be the "best" GTD iPad specific application in the App Store!

When some people get a little perspective on life.

"nightmare"? It is just software for tracking todos and projects.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Keep checking almost every day, but I have to agree with you!

Reminds me of http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/10/7/

Quote:

"nightmare"? It is just software for tracking todos and projects.

BZ
It's called hyperbole, BwanaZulia. But you know that.

Used to be part of my workflow (as to perspective, that's kind of important), and should have been here before Graffle, for sure. Expresses my strong desire to have OmniFocus on the iPad. Should not give offense that someone feels strongly about the product and would like to have it yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannarino View Post
It's called hyperbole, BwanaZulia. But you know that.

Used to be part of my workflow (as to perspective, that's kind of important), and should have been here before Graffle, for sure. Expresses my strong desire to have OmniFocus on the iPad. Should not give offense that someone feels strongly about the product and would like to have it yesterday.
I have used OF on the Mac and iPhone since they day they went into beta. Before that, Kinkless. To say it is my number one app and something I can't live without is to not do it justice.

That being said, OF for the iPad is coming. It will be great (probably cost more than I want it to), it will sync via MobileMe making the three different devices amazing GTD gadgets.

Nightmare? Nah... more like a wet dream when it comes. :)

BZ

Quote:
I have used OF on the Mac and iPhone since they day they went into beta. Before that, Kinkless. To say it is my number one app and something I can't live without is to not do it justice.

That being said, OF for the iPad is coming. It will be great (probably cost more than I want it to), it will sync via MobileMe making the three different devices amazing GTD gadgets.

Nightmare? Nah... more like a wet dream when it comes. :)

BZ
I hope that was hyperbole, BwanaZulia. I really do.

Just make sure you add "wet naps" to the @groceries context.

Oh, and laundry detergent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Just make sure you add "wet naps" to the @groceries context.

Oh, and laundry detergent.
Now this has gone too far. I take no responsibility for future comments on this thread!