The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF iPad app submitted to Apple! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Presumably you're not planning to tell us about any notice from Apple you receive until such time as you've already done the last steps on your end to activate, right? In other words, we should expect notice from mailing list/blog/forums/Twitter essentially BEFORE the app can go live, and we should stop looking at the App Store, right?

Thanks again for bearing with all of us impatient souls…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
FYI: Once we're notified that OmniFocus for iPad has been approved, we'll have a little work to do on our end before it actually goes live. We'll do that work as quickly as we can (we've prepped everything in advance), and will let our OmniNews mailing list (and blog and forums and twitter) know the moment OmniFocus is available.
Ken

I am not trying to be a pain but i don't understand what the harm is to share a screenshot. lots of people have been waiting a long time and it would be nice. I am just trying to understand

thanks e

Quote:
Originally Posted by emck View Post
I am not trying to be a pain but i don't understand what the harm is to share a screenshot. lots of people have been waiting a long time and it would be nice. I am just trying to understand
Not much longer to wait now, I hope!

As for why we're waiting, see one of my earlier posts in this thread: we just think it makes the most sense to post all that information at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet14 View Post
In other words, we should expect notice from mailing list/blog/forums/Twitter essentially BEFORE the app can go live, and we should stop looking at the App Store, right?
Ken may step in and correct me, but I believe that the control over what minute-second-etc the app goes live is in Apple's hands.

If they put it up at the start of the day in Japan, that might be the middle of the night here. If that happens, we'll send the notifications out as soon as we can.

While there might be some small advantage to checking the app store directly, folks may be able to save themselves some stress if they let us notify them. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Ken may step in and correct me, but I believe that the control over what minute-second-etc the app goes live is in Apple's hands.
What Brian said is true for incremental updates (which is what we're used to), but with this new product launch OmniFocus for iPad won't be available for sale until we push a button from our end as well.

So, no, it won't go live on the App Store until we push that button, and when we do that we'll let everyone know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
What Brian said is true for incremental updates (which is what we're used to), but with this new product launch OmniFocus for iPad won't be available for sale until we push a button from our end as well.

So, no, it won't go live on the App Store until we push that button, and when we do that we'll let everyone know.
Is there a button to push yet?

But it looks like it's over for tonight. I'll bet you guys can't wait to ring the register tomorrow . . . or whenever . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post
Is there a button to push yet?
Nope, not yet… and we've now passed today's cutoff for launching OmniFocus for iPad. Hopefully we'll get approval tonight so we can launch tomorrow!

@Waiting Cannot Do Anything GTD related until iPad version of OmniFocus is released.

;^P
CYA2GTD

Did you try to sneak in tethering?