The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Feedback on Recurring/Repeating Tasks
Task 1 extending as one task 6 18.75%
Task 2 splitting into segments 22 68.75%
Recurring tasks on a single row 27 84.38%
Recurring tasks on separate rows 7 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Feedback on Recurring/Repeating Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It shows up for me -- it's just a small inline image in the first posting in the thread. Try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page, or maybe try a different browser?

This post contained info that would be quite handy for me: the setting up of a recurring task, e.g. a weekly meeting, and having other items scheduled around it.

Did anything actually get implemented that supports this? No trace of it in the manual, it would seem.

Jon

After a long search for a project management software for Mac, and trying many options, I've decided to go with Omniplan. I'm recently purchased it, and right now I realised that I really need this feature too. Has recurring tasks already been implemented in omniplan 2? If not, is it at least in development? Will it be implemented any time soon?

Can someone from Omnigroup staff give us a hint about this?

Me too are trying to find out how to create a recurring task in Omniplan and found this thread..

Is this implemented? Will it be implemented? Please advice.

I don't know, but it seems that Omnigroup shifted it's dev team from Omniplan to other projects.

Check their own Pool: "Feedback on Recurring/Repeating Tasks".
The pool has been placed years ago and we still do not have the feature.

U suspect that Omnigroup shifted it's dev team from Omniplan to other projects.
The pool has been placed years ago and we still do not have the feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by precision01 View Post
After a long search for a project management software for Mac, and trying many options, I've decided to go with Omniplan. I'm recently purchased it, and right now I realised that I really need this feature too. Has recurring tasks already been implemented in omniplan 2? If not, is it at least in development? Will it be implemented any time soon?
Plans can and do change, of course, but we're currently looking at adding this in one of our upcoming 2.x releases.

(It was originally scheduled for 2.0, but we decided it wasn't worth holding back all the other great stuff already in 2.0: collaborative project syncing, tracking changes, and task filtering. We then thought we might do it for 2.1, but decided that sharing resource workloads between projects was even more important. And meanwhile, of course, we had OmniPlan for iPad to write… But those things are all done now, so it's making its way to the top of our list.)

Thanks for reply Ken.
So we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sure that everyone will very much appreciate to have this in 2.2.1!

Please add my vote for this as well; it didn’t seem to make it into 2.2.1.