The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Changing the icon doesn't work (changes back when started) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I know this is more of a OSX "problem" but as it happens with OF too and I know that there are some guys here who customise and change the looks of OF to their liking I thought I'd try to find help here.

The "problem" is, that when I start OF the new icon (changed it via copy/paste in the info pane) disappears and I again see the original icon in the dock. When I then quit OF the icon changes back to the new one.

Restarting the dock or the whole system didn't help and neither did repairing permissions. I have full acces in the info pane (unbarred lock) - what else could I try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian_grey View Post
Hello,

I know this is more of a OSX "problem" but as it happens with OF too and I know that there are some guys here who customise and change the looks of OF to their liking I thought I'd try to find help here.

The "problem" is, that when I start OF the new icon (changed it via copy/paste in the info pane) disappears and I again see the original icon in the dock. When I then quit OF the icon changes back to the new one.

Restarting the dock or the whole system didn't help and neither did repairing permissions. I have full acces in the info pane (unbarred lock) - what else could I try?
I think because OF puts a badge of the number of active or pending tasks, it uses the icon inside the bundle. I don't think there's any way you can change it without cracking open the app bundle.

Sounds reasonable!
I solved the problem by exchanging the icon directly in the app bundle - works fine now.