The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Only Topmost Printed Objects are Black Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In OmniGraffle 4.2.3 Pro, I have encountered a problem where otherwise very similar objects appear differently when printed. With the same attributes on each object only the topmost object's stroke is solid black when printed. The (supposedly) identical stroke on the other objects appears as very dark gray.

If I make one of the other object the topmost object, its stroke prints solid black and the others are are dark gray.

This is, of course, quite aggravating since all the object are supposed to have a solid black stroke. Furthermore, the dark gray is slightly fuzzy thanks to the halftone dots, so the printed document doesn't look as crisp as it should.

The problem only shows up when the file is printed to a real printer. Even exported as a PDF, the stroke appears solid black on the computer screen, but as soon as it is printed, again, only the topmost object has a solid black stroke.

I have tested with several printers, all true Postscript. I don't have any non-Postscript printers immediately available. I'm running OS X 10.5.8.

To demonstrate the problem I have created a very small OmniGraffle file that may be downloaded from:
http://pipct.net/temp/graynotblack.graffle

In the sample file the lower oval of the three ovals will print with a solid black stroke. The others will have a dark gray stroke. If you select a different oval and do Arrange --> Bring to Front, then that oval will print with a solid black stroke, and the other will be dark gray.

Any advice would be appreciated,
--
Fed Up With Adobe

Last edited by Fed Up With Adobe; 2009-09-13 at 03:26 AM..

It would also be helpful to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Anyone?

This same problem is being investigated at: http://x704.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=...p=42735#p42735

I've posted there a high resolution scan clearly demonstrating the symptom.

Unfortunately, I lack sufficient Graffle-Fu to know what's going on here. You'll probably want to send email to the support ninjas if you need a guaranteed response - folks here browse the forums on an as-we-can basis. Sorry I couldn't be of more help here.