The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export Objects Ends Up With Different Pixel Size Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I read a few other threads on this but couldn't really get an answer to it. I'm relatively new to this tool so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.

On Omnigraffle Pro 5.3.6 I created an object of say 100x100 px.
Now I go to File > Export and choose PNG format, "Current Selection" as Export Area, Scale is set to 100% and Resolution is set to 100 dpi.
I open up the exported PNG and for some weird reason it's 144x144 px.

The original object doesn't have any shadows and I'm not exporting any margins, it just got scaled up somehow.

Is there a way to make it so the exported object's size (in pixels) matches exactly what I designed?

Thanks for your help!

72dpi is the default for screens.

If you have:
  • used the Canvas inspector to set Canvas > Size > Ruler Units to pixels,
  • used the Properties > Geometry inspector to give the shape a height and width of 100px each,

You should get a pixel-proportionate export using the settings shown here:

Note that current selection export frames the shape with a bit of margin even if you uncheck 'include margin', but you can shave this down by giving a negative margin value.

I am getting a closely cropped 101 pixels square PNG from the above from an OG circle sized at 100px height and width - about right because its stroke is not zero width ...

--

--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ExportPixels.png
Views:	1050
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	2328  

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-03-28 at 07:44 AM..

That worked, thank you!