The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's the forecast on the next refinement update? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When is OF iPad going to get the next coat of polish?

The private beta builds keep coming (4 of them yesterday afternoon), with nothing new in the release notes, which is usually a sign that they aren't about to send it off to Apple yet.

What are you most hoping to see in the next revision? I haven't heard whether it is expected to be another bug clean-up revision like 1.0.2, or if it will also have significant UI updates and so on.

My personal list:

(Stuff that works in OF iPhone, but is broken/missing in OF iPad)
- Make crosshair button in the Maps feature work as expected
- Add Home button so I don't have to spend time tracing back once I drill down
- Something is strange with refresh. Hard for me to reproduce, but I had two items stuck in my Inbox for 10min last night despite having assigned them a Project and Context

(General GUI stuff)
- I do not like hitting a "Move" button to move stuff on a touch screen interface.
- I do not like that moving stuff is different depending on what I'm moving (left side vs right side).
- Edit Sidebar is only available in Landscape mode

I've got other "feature" type stuff, but these are my everyday/every use problems with the current version.

Brandon

What do you think whpalmer4? Is this a reasonable list of gripes?

I'm not sure what you are asking about with the Maps one, but the others all seem like acknowledged bugs or reasonable things to want... The update bug hasn't been nailed yet, so far as I have seen, although I'm a few builds behind in my testing.

Updates are coming - we don't have specific release dates in mind yet, though. Most of the items here are things we're at least talking about doing someday. Update bug is probably most likely for a short-term fix. Something that would do away with the move button is probably least likely to happen quickly.

Re: the maps issue, if it's the one I'm thinking of, the intent there is that the crosshair button centers the map on your last known location rather than run the battery down by turning GPS back on. (Tapping the "Map" sidebar button does let you force the map to refresh.)

I know we have a request filed to make them both behave like the sidebar item, but I'm not sure what we'll ultimately end up doing.

How about the ability to change the parallel/sequential setting on action groups? This one is a big deal to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Re: the maps issue, if it's the one I'm thinking of, the intent there is that the crosshair button centers the map on your last known location rather than run the battery down by turning GPS back on. (Tapping the "Map" sidebar button does let you force the map to refresh.)
I suppose I'm victim of having you train me, for a couple of years, to hit the Crosshair button in OF iPhone to bring up my Nearby (Map) and my Location.

As a new OF for iPad user, in my first few hours I'm thinking it takes too many clicks to quick enter something. If I'm in a list, the + up top requires that I click again to confirm that i want a new action in this project. I think the quick entry icon should be separate.

Also I think there should be a way to "tab" through the fields in an action entry but that's a "limitation" of the iPad keyboard I suppose ...

Love the look and feel of the program so far -- excited to start using it again at home too!

Thanks Omni!

One of the things Id like to see (unless I'm missing it) is the ability to create a new perspective. I don't use the Mac version so I think I can just sync with existing perspectives.