The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOLVED: Not syncing from iPhone > iDisk > Mac Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
We've fixed the bug that caused this, but your database still needs to be unscrambled.

Make a backup of the OmniFocus database............
I only sync one desktop with one iPhone, but will test it now. I assume all of the above only does any good AFTER installing the latest version on the desktop? ;)

Also you don't mention resetting the database on the iPhone, shouldn't I do that first so I'm starting from scratch?

By the way, I thought you'd like to know that it's because of you that I've bought an iPhone AND can now comfortably resist going back to Windows. I have to have start dates for tasks, and I have to have both mobile device and desktop in sync. I was doing it by using Daylite, Missing Sync, and a Pocket PC with Pocket Informant. But Daylite, despite being the only available sync-able choice (Nighthawk looks to be as far off as it ever was), is plain awful and full of bugs, so my task management had all but completely disintegrated, and I was seriously thinking of going back to Windows and Outlook despite all the other reasons to prefer a Mac.

Then I saw that OF (which I've always coveted but not bought because I couldn't sync start dates from it to my Pocket PC), had an iPhone version, and almost exploded with excitement! You have no idea how good it feels to be using proper task management techniques again after two years of searching!

So I'm counting on you guys to get all this working perfectly.

No pressure ;)

Mark

Yeah, it would be wise to reset your iPhone database and update OmniFocus for Mac. I copy/pasted those instructions from somewhere else and must have dropped a paragraph along the way. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Yeah, it would be wise to reset your iPhone database and update OmniFocus for Mac. I copy/pasted those instructions from somewhere else and must have dropped a paragraph along the way. Sorry!
No problem, and.............

Ta tata ta ta taaaaar

It's working!!!! Syncs all changes (so far) both ways!!!

Woohoo :D

Thank you so much for that, and to all at Omni for the incredible pace of your development and fixes.

Mark

my situation is that both the mac omnifocus app and the iPhone app sync with our webdav server but the iphone app throws a 403 forbidden error. Even though the sync is successful (the changes show up in the mac version when it syncs)

How do I get this error to go away as it appears to be presented in erorr :-)

gp