The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Next release? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love OF for iPhone and am very happy with it. I was wondering though if there is a rough plan/time-frame for the next release. There are a couple of bugs I've submitted to the support ninjas over the last few months and it would be great if they were fixed.

Are any of them bugs that you didn't post on the forum? Your due soon badge counter issue appears to have been fixed; jump from action to project hasn't been done, quick flag from list hasn't been done (or aren't in the alpha builds I've seen, at least).

I'll share everything I know about the schedule: probably not shipping today :)

I still have the issue where sometimes I will create an action and will need to close OF and then re-open to see it show up in the list.

And do those items have start dates?

nope. i usually only add a start date if i want to have an action hidden until i am ready to do something with it

I don't recall encountering that problem, but most of my entry of new actions takes place on the desktop, and it sounds like this is a sporadic problem, right? If you have a procedure to make it happen on demand, I'd be happy to try it, but I bet they would have fixed such a bug if you (or they) had found one.

If you've got a bug ticket number, you could call up or email the support ninjas and find out if the problem is marked as resolved in their database.

"As soon as it's ready and Apple approves it" is generally the only answer we can give. Once the work we want to do for a given release is finished, we submit it to Apple. Their review folks can't always check the submission immediately, and they sometimes request changes to the release before they'll approve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I don't recall encountering that problem, but most of my entry of new actions takes place on the desktop, and it sounds like this is a sporadic problem, right? If you have a procedure to make it happen on demand, I'd be happy to try it, but I bet they would have fixed such a bug if you (or they) had found one.

If you've got a bug ticket number, you could call up or email the support ninjas and find out if the problem is marked as resolved in their database.
I really like v1.6 but unfortunately this issue is still happening.

Steps to recreate:

I'm looking at my "Office" context
Tap the +
Tap New Action
Enter in the title
Make sure context is Office
Set a due date of today, maybe an hour or so from now (no start date)
Tap Save

Task doesn't appear in Office context (sometimes it does, but mostly it doesn't).

Close OF

Reopen.

Task appears.

I just tried those steps 5 times and had 5 successful results. Perhaps rebuilding the database on your iPhone might help. From Safari on your iPhone, visit http://people.omnigroup.com/kc/Debug...dDatabase.html and tap on the link there.

You might also consider doing the same thing on this page, first, if you're willing to let the Omni support people have a copy of your database:

http://people.omnigroup.com/kc/Debug...lDatabase.html

If the rebuild fixes the problem, the old database might provide some clues as to what was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I just tried those steps 5 times and had 5 successful results. Perhaps rebuilding the database on your iPhone might help. From Safari on your iPhone, visit http://people.omnigroup.com/kc/Debug...dDatabase.html and tap on the link there.

You might also consider doing the same thing on this page, first, if you're willing to let the Omni support people have a copy of your database:

http://people.omnigroup.com/kc/Debug...lDatabase.html

If the rebuild fixes the problem, the old database might provide some clues as to what was wrong.
I just did a rebuild and first time I tried it worked (action showed up). I'll keep an eye out to see if it happens again. If it does I will try emailing my DB to Omni.

Thanks for your help! :)