The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

List your favourite Apps! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Feeddler is a great tool for reading RSS feeds. (If you read lots of blogs but don't know what these are, you should check them out. In a nutshell, it's a way of automatically funnelling new blog posts from lots of different blogs into a single list so you can easily keep up with them all without having to jump around. It's especially useful for keeping tabs on particular topics. For example, I have a set of four Apple blogs that collect in a single list that I can quickly scan at odd moments to keep up with the latest.)

I really love my plants and zombies app. =D

I have a new app I would like to have soon. A brand new iPhone app puts Hollywood-style destruction right at your fingertips. The application will add high-quality digital effects to your video images. But you get to pick the star. It is the first application to come from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Interactive. Abrams is an enormously well-liked Television and movie producer/director. Source of article: Blow stuff up with Action Movie FX app. I think this is really cool.

1 Byline
2 BBC News
3 Sleep Cycle
4 Find My iPhone
5 BoardGame Companion
6 Amazon
7 eBay
8 Trillian

Last edited by KieronOlson; 2012-10-09 at 04:51 AM..

Two Apps for me (both work related)
- iThoughts HD - mind - mapping the way it should be! And just what is needed for project planning/mind sweeps.
- Fire 2 (FIeld REcorder 2) - great little app for recording lectures, workshops etc.

Mac Desktop
--
* Mind Mapping + Project Oversight + (tons of other uses) ... -- Curio
* Keeping My Mac Awake as Needed -- Caffine
* PDF Reference Storage -- Mendeley
* Cloud Stuff -- DropBox + EverNote
* Screen Cast Demos - iShowU HD
* Passwords -- 1Password
* Journal / Log -- Chronories
* Quick Drawing -- Bamboo pad (hardware) + its software

iPod
--
* Shopping -- ShopperLite
* Alarms -- Alarmed
* AddressBook -- Youlu
* Calendar -- Week Cal
* Database -- TapForms
* Notes -- still evaluating different apps (Catch, aNote, Paperless ...)
* Quick Drawing / Sketching -- still evaluating

That's the general list absent my favorite hard-core apps. I'm also still looking for an satisfactory replacement for my favorite Adarian (PalmOS) financial app.

--
JJW

On the Mac I am fond of
- TextMate for analyzing log files, viewing OmniApp files as raw XML & writing Ruby scripts
- Snapz Pro X for taking screenshots when I find bugs in our apps
- Hibari for twitter with the ability to filter out foursquare tweets!

iOS
- Twitterrific for twitter
- Instacast for listening to NPR podcasts & Merlin Mann's Back to Work podcasts
- Due for every-single-day tasks like taking medications. It alarms every minute until I do the task or snooze it.
- Instapaper for reading great blog posts when I'm sitting around waiting unexpectedly.
- Plants vs. Zombies for crazy fun

Website
- Pinboard: "social" bookmarking for introverts

Cross-platform
- 1Password for keeping track of all my passwords and nudging me to make them more secure
- Dropbox for storing knitting patterns, Graffles of alternate home furniture arrangements, recipes, and assorted other personal documents.

I miss the following app's in the messages here:

Goalscape (Mac)
iAWriter (iPad & Mac)
xMind (Mac)
Pomodoro (Mac)

This one should be installed in everyone's computer. It made my website browsing easier.