The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search within attachments, especially PDF? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to search an OmniOutliner document, including its attachments. I have used OO to archive a number of PDF articles, and the ability to search these would be very useful. It's possible in Yojimbo and Devonthink, which are the two other apps I have previously used.

i don't know the answer to your question, but it does beg another question to me...are you sure that the pdf attachments which you have included in your outlines have a "text layer?" because if the pdf came from a scanner it might be little more than a jpeg layer.

Yes, they have text layers. I know this because they're searchable in Preview and Yojimbo and I made many of them myself.

OmniOutliner currently doesn't have any access to attachments, sorry.