The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving the whole schedule a few weeks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I am a new user of OMNIPLAN, I did created a schedule, however this was moved a few weeks forward and I need to ask how t move all tasks two weeks forward instead of moving every task?

In the Project: Information inspector, available with cmd-4 or the Inspectors menu, there is a spot where you fill in the start date of the project. Change that, and all the dates in your project will adjust accordingly, if you have constructed your project properly.

When I say properly, I mean that you have defined the structure of your project with dependencies, lead times, etc. rather than manually typing in dates or dragging items on the Gantt chart. Usually, only external factors require you to set actual dates, and those external factors are likely to remain unchanged even though you are starting your project a little earlier or later. If your project is to build a new Thunderbolt disk enclosure, the date on which Intel can provide you with the needed chips won't change just because you start your design work a little earlier, so that's a good thing to enter with a date. If on the other hand, you had put in a date to show that your PC board vendor wouldn't have completed PCBs for you to stuff until 72 hours after you submitted the design files, that would be an improper use of a date in my opinion, and you should use a lead time instead, because that should move around with any changes made in the plan that changed the date on which the PCB vendor got the design files.

Clear as mud?