The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Newsgator not working? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi
I would like to use www.newsgator.com as my online RSS reader, as I have grown quite happy with NetNewsWire. However, this particular page does not seem to work - it keeps a 'Loading...' animation going, but nothing more happens.

The page works fine in Safari. I have tested the page without success in OW 5.5 as well as the latest beta.

The page loaded first time for me - is it possible you are blocking it with your ad blocking preferences?

Hi

Thank you for your reply. That is weird - I have disabled all adblocking, set stylesheets to default, yet still end up with the situation shown in the screen shot. Is there any way I can debug this further?

Cheers
Niels Olof

I haven't used NewsGator in forever, but I used to have an account there so I went and logged in to see if I could reproduce this and you're right that it goes into a Loading loop that never does anything. However, this appears to be a detection issue. Set OmniWeb to identify as Firefox or even Safari and it works just fine for me. So try that for now and it should work for you.

Ah sweet,
that worked nicely.
Thanks.