The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How can I highlight only selected text - not whole row? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I realize it may be a stupid question, but I do not seem to manage to highlight individual bits of text with - say color of yellow. What am I doing wrong? If I only select parts of a text, then that part does become highlighted with the color of my choice. But I would normally want to change the background color of the whole text in - say the column 2 part of row 2. But what happens is that the whole row gets highlighted. Please advice me on what to do!
Best wishes,
Bosse Lindquist

Plus one! I did this 'accidentally' and am dying to do it again!! any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1bolin View Post
I realize it may be a stupid question, but I do not seem to manage to highlight individual bits of text with - say color of yellow. What am I doing wrong? If I only select parts of a text, then that part does become highlighted with the color of my choice. But I would normally want to change the background color of the whole text in - say the column 2 part of row 2. But what happens is that the whole row gets highlighted. Please advice me on what to do!
Best wishes,
Bosse Lindquist

Select the text and hit Ctrl-1. That highlights just the selected text.